Sunday, February 14, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: UTG Tactical OP Bipod, QD Lever Mount, Height 8.0-12.4"

JJCEO reviewed:

UTG Tactical OP Bipod, QD Lever Mount, Height 8.0-12.4" by UTG
5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality in materials, finish and performance, I am happy with mine!, February 14, 2016
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I own several AR15 rifles with high accuracy red dot sights on them and I would like to tune them in to the highest accuracy that I can. I purchased the UTG tactical bipod in order to stabilize my rifles to get that last fine tweak of the sights. I have used UTG products in the past and I was impressed with the quality that I have seen. I wanted a nice bipod that could easily be used on multiple rifles to adjust the sights and I liked the quick disconnect mount on this bipod.

It even comes with a swivel stud adjustment that allows you to mount it to a front rifle stud and quickly add a small Picatinny rail to the rifle stock to mount the bipod using the QD mount. The swivel stud adapter has a small screw threaded pin to connect the adapter to the original rifle swivel stud. My newest rifle has a front quad rail hand guard and so the mounting of the bipod was fast and easy and I didn't need to use the swivel stud.

I was impressed with the quality of the materials used in the manufacture of the bipod and of the quality to the bipod's finish. The rubber feet of the bipod are solid and they sat firmly on the shooting bench at the range. The bipod will allow the rifle to rest at a minimum of 8 inches to 12.4 inches high. There is a lockable thumb wheel that will lock the legs into any length that you set them at. You can set the legs at any one of the 7 notched leg positions and you can even set if between the notches if you lock the thumb wheel. The notched positions are nice because you can easily find your favorite shooting position and know that the legs are level. When the thumb wheel is unlocked you can press the retraction clamp and the legs will snap into the shortest length position. The legs open to a 50-degree angle when they are snapped down and it gives the rifle a nice steady base while shooting.

I have found the bipod to be stable and solid. All of the components are made of metal. The QD Picatinny rail mount has an Allen head set screw to allow you to set the locking force of the QD to suit the machining of the rail of your rifle. It mounted solidly to my rifle. At the range I was able to shoot tight patterns and the bipod was stable. With my AR15 I was able to easily use Magpul PMAG magazines for 30 rounds without any issues. The turning of the rifle on the bipod was very stiff and limited to a few degrees but it loosens up after working with it. Since most of my shooting is at the range that part doesn't bother me too much. I actually prefer that that motion is tight. I did find out that I had to tighten allen screw on the quick disconnect lever tightly to make the tripod securely stay on the Picatinny rail. I just used the supplied Allen wrench. It makes the QD lever impossible to open up without the Allen wrench but I still had such great results at the range that I can't complain about the bipod.

This is a good quality product an I like it a lot. I rated it 5 stars and I would purchase one again.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe