Sunday, February 7, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: Loctite 37418 242 Blue Medium Strength Threadlocker Tube, 6-milliliter

JJCEO reviewed:

Loctite 37418 242 Blue Medium Strength Threadlocker Tube, 6-milliliter by Loctite
5.0 out of 5 stars A great product with a history of working well in difficult applications!, February 7, 2016
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I started using Loctite products over 45 years ago and I learned how well it performed while assembling aluminum parts for instrumentation. I now use it on my guns as I assemble them to prevent parts from coming loose from shock and vibration. I just put together a new AR15 build and I used it all over the gun for the accessory parts. I installed a new Magpul MIAD pistol grip, a Magpul vertical rail grip, a tactical flashlight, a Magpul front and rear MBUS set of sights, a Vortex 3X flip up scope and a Daniels Defense Omega Free floating hand guard quad rail. All of the screws and Allen head screws had Loctite applied as I did the assembly. I even applied it to the mounting screws on the Aimpoint Pro red dot sight.

I like the blue Loctite as it helps to hold the screws more securely in place and helps to prevent corrosion which is important on a rifle or gun. The blue formulation locks the parts in place but you can still take the gun apart when you need to. I recommend that you not use the red Loctite on gun assembly and it is very difficult to take apart as it has a much stronger holding power.

This is a great product with a proven history of working in difficult applications. I rated it at 5 stars and I recommend it to you.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe