Monday, February 1, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: Shadow of Empire

JJCEO reviewed:

Shadow of Empire: Far Stars Book One (Far Star Trilogy) by Jay Allan
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining action story with space battles, planetary wars, pirates and empires all trying to control the planets!, February 1, 2016
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Arkarin Blackhawk has escaped death and dangerous situations more than you can imagine. He is after all a special man. Genetically modified and with an AI (Artificial Intelligence) implanted into his brain he is more of a superman than anyone else. Sent on a mission to rescue the beautiful daughter of, Marshall Lucerne, the leader of the planet Celtiboria; Ark has no choice but to do what his best friend asks of him. After all he is in love with Astra , the daughter, and he and his crew will get the job done or die trying…..

When I first heard the plot of the story it didn't sound like my kind of book. I like Jay Allan's books and I have read them all but I am a Sic-Fi fan and not a fan of fantasy novels and pirate stories. I broke down and purchased the Kindle version of the book and once I started reading it I could not put it down. It is an action adventure with Arkarin Blackhawk as the center of the story and his loyal and unique crew following his every order, well almost every order, to perfection.

This is a good story and I liked it. I have already purchased the next book in the series and I hope it is as good as this one was. I rated this as a 5 star book. I read for entertainment and I enjoyed this book. It is not perfect but I would purchase it again and it wound up being a story that I liked. The book started slowly but the action and suspense built as the book progressed. It is a combination of adventure, Sci-Fi, space and planetary battles and a story about loyalty to a team and a love story. It grew on me as I read it.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe