Saturday, February 6, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: 2PACK - Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff Ear Protection

JJCEO reviewed:

2PACK - Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff Ear Protection by Howard Leight
5.0 out of 5 stars I love these earmuffs and I actually purchased 2 more to give to friends as gifts!, February 6, 2016
See video on Amazon.com I go to the shooting range a lot and I had a wonderful set of standard earmuffs the block out all of the sound. The only problem is that you absolutely can't hear anyone talk and the earmuffs were so thick that I was constantly banging the rifle stock against the earmuffs and hearing a loud CLUNK!

I am very familiar with electronic sound suppression earmuffs and stereo headphones so I wanted to try these out. These earmuffs use two AAA batteries and the batteries are supposed to last for up to 350 hours of on time. If you leave them on they will automatically shut off in 4 hours. Thank heavens as I left them on the first time I used them.

Pros:
• They work quite well in dampening loud gunshot noises but allow you to hear people talking like a range master or a trainer.
• You can turn up the amplification of the people talking 4 times and man does it work. While at the range in the preparation area I could hear people talking up to 60 feet away and hear their entire conversation. Meanwhile the earmuffs are still blocking out the noise of the gun shots. Turning up the volume increases the volume of the conversations around you but not the volume of the gun shot noise as it is blocked.
• Up to 350 hours of life from one pair of AAA batteries.
• The fold up easily and nicely into a small shape for easy storage in your range bag.
• Each earmuff has a separated microphone so you hear the sound on both your left and right and you can tell where the sounds are coming from.
• The earmuffs are about ½ as thick as my older standard earmuffs and the stock of the rifle does not bang onto them nearly as much. Very nice! They do make a thicker pair that are for people that shoot pistols and they suppress more sound but I don't recommend them for people that shoot rifles.
• There is an AUX input jack and the earmuffs come with a stereo 3.5mm audio cord so you can listen to your MP3 player, tablet or smartphone. They are not the best stereo headphones that I have used but they are adequate.
• The price from Amazon was great. About ½ of some of the local stores!
• The earmuffs come with two AAA batteries.
• The earmuffs expand to fit your head. Make sure that you adjust them properly.

Cons:
• They use batteries so you should put some into your range bag for backup.

Overall I love these earmuffs. I like them so much I purchased two more pair and gave them as gifts to the people that go to the range with me. This is a great product and I rated it at 5 stars. I hope my video is helpful for you. It shows how to open and close the earmuffs and adjust them to your head size.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe