Tuesday, January 19, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: Magpul MAG247 GEN 2 MBUS Front Back-Up Sight, OD Green

JJCEO reviewed:

Magpul MAG247 GEN 2 MBUS Front Back-Up Sight, OD Green by Magpul
5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to mount and use and I literally did not have to make adjustments to the sights as they were right on target!, January 19, 2016
I am adding enhancements to an AR15 that I own and I am installing a lot of Magpul hardware and optics on the rifle. I ordered this Magpul Gen-2 MBUS flip up front sight and I also ordered the MBUS rear sight in black color from Amazon.

The unit came in the Magpul package and it is undoubtedly an original. I also installed a Daniels Defense free floating quad rail handguard to mount the front sight on. I wanted to co-witness the mechanical sights with my optical system and I practice shooting using both the mechanical and the optical sights. The front sight fit perfectly onto the Daniels Defense rail despite the fact that I had difficulty mounting the read sight on my Bushmaster top rail. It was all I could do to pull the rear sight onto the top rail and when I did I could not move the sight at all. I had slid the sight too far onto the rail by about 1/8 of a slot and I had to use a block of machined steel and a hammer to lightly tap the r ear sight to get it to move back to where I needed it to be. If you have this problem, just take your time and patiently get it located on the rail.

At first I blamed the rear sight for the poor fit and thought it was a fake version but I honestly believe that the top rail was the problem on my new AR15 rifle. I had the free floating quad hand guard rail and the front sight fit easily onto it but it was also tight on the top rail of the rifle. I see where a lot of people on the Internet have had issues like this but in my case I am now convinced the issue was the top rail of the rifle.

I carefully examined the Magpul hardware and packaging and I have no doubt that they are definitely Magpul original products. The quality is excellent and they are not fakes. Once I installed the rear sight and then installed the Free Floating Quad rail I installed the Magpul front pop up sight. I then inserted a laser sighting cartridge into the rifle and was shocked to fin d that at 50 feet the sights were dead on. Perfect!

These are my backup sights and I primarily use an Aimport Pro Red Dot with a Vortex 3X optical scope. When I shoot I train myself to use both the mechanical sights and the optical sights. The front sight also comes with a front sight adjustment tool.

I am happy with these sights and I rated them at 5 stars. I would purchase them again.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe