Tuesday, January 26, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: MAGPUL INDUSTRIES MOE (R-V-G) CHOOSE YOUR COLOR (FLAT DARK EARTH)

JJCEO reviewed:

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES MOE (R-V-G) CHOOSE YOUR COLOR (FLAT DARK EARTH) by MAGPUL INDUSTRIES CORPORATION
5.0 out of 5 stars A nice addition to your AR15 and I liked it a lot but it could be a little better!, January 26, 2016
I just built up a new AR15 and I used a lot of Magpul hardware. I added in one of these grips and I really like it. I rated it 5 stars but I do think it could be better with a few enhancements. I purchased mine from Magpul as I could not find the black version on Amazon when I was looking for it right after Christmas.

Pros:
• Provides excellent grip that seems to stabilize the ability to hold the rifle on target better
• Easy to install
• The grip sides are highly textured with small Magpul symbols that provides a good gripping surface
• The front and rear of the grip has a textured ridge surface to improve your grip
• It is light weight

Cons:
• The grip is hollow and it would have been nice if Magpul had put a hinged or a snap-on base cap so the hollow area could have been used for storage area. It is always nice to have spare batteries, gun oil or a few key spare parts with you in the field. As it is now it is wasted potential storage space.
• I use the grip also as the location for a remote switch for a tactical flashlight. Magpul should sell a pull on grip (like a Hogue or a Pachmayr style) for this to allow a remote light switch to be located under the pull on grip to hold it into place. There are also several other methods to do this and I am sure that a lot of users, police officers and others would use this feature. I added a Hogue grip to cover the flashlight switch and I think it worked perfectly if you have larger hands. Magpul should sell the external grip to cover and securely hold flashlight controls properly in place.

What's in the box:
• The grip
• Two mounting screws
• A short piece of plastic rail to allow you to mount the RVG to a Magpul plastic stock or to a standard carbine stock
• Two mounting screw plates and two screws to mount the RVG to the Magpul plastic stock or to the standard carbine stock

In my case I had a Daniels Defense Omega 7 inch free floating quad rail and I didn't need the plastic rail or the mounting threaded plates. I show all of this in my video. This is a nice addition to your rifle and despite my cons I still rated this at 5 stars. It pays to check on the pricing of the product.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe