Sunday, January 24, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: Magpul Grip Core AA/AAA Battery Holder, Black

JJCEO reviewed:

Magpul Grip Core AA/AAA Battery Holder, Black by MAGPUL INDUSTRIES CORPORATION
5.0 out of 5 stars A handy way to carry spare batteries in the pistol grip of your AR15!, January 24, 2016
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I just assembled a new AR 15 using a lot of Magpul hardware and I also purchased one of these grip cores for battery storage. I am using a Magpul MIAD grip and it normally comes with a storage area for a small oil bottle. While that is handy I wanted the battery storage for the batteries I use in my Aimpoint Pro red dot sight.

I do use Magpul MBUS sights as a backup but I would find it frustrating when the battery goes dead in the red dot optics. The batteries do last 3 years but I still decided that I wanted to carry a couple of extra batteries in the pistol grip of the rifle. The sight uses Duracell 1/3N lithium batteries. The grip is designed for storing two AA or two AAA batteries. I just took the batteries out of their packaging and dropped them into a Ziploc bag for redundant water proofing with the part number and expiration date of 2024 also in the Ziploc bag.

I like the battery storage core as it has a top cap that is seale d by pressing it into the core and a ring molded into the cap seals it like an O-ring seal to help keep moisture out of the battery storage area. There is a tab on top of the cap to help you pull the cap off and I show it in my video. When you use the fresh batteries you can store the used ones in the core and flip over the cover. The bottom side has the engraved word SPENT on it to remind you to get fresh batteries.

The battery core can hold two AA batteries and there is an insert sized to hold two AAA/N batteries. The batteries are securely held so they don't move or rattle while you are carrying the rifle. I have to tell you that if you press the AAA/N battery insert all of the way down it is very difficult to remove and you may need to use a pair of long nose pliers to pull it back out. I could have simply put the small Duracell N sized Lithium batteries into the inner battery insert but to be honest the insert and the batteries were so tight in the core tha t I couldn't get them out without long nose pliers to pull out the insert. Since I don't always carry pliers with me while I am shooting or hunting I went for the Ziploc bag method. It worked well and it provided double protection from the ingress of moisture.

This is a nice addition if you have a MIAD, MOE, and MOE+ Grip on your rifle. I rated it at 5 stars. I hope my video was useful for you.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe