Thursday, January 21, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: DANIEL DEFENSE (O-MEGA) 7" CARB-LENGTH, BLACK

JJCEO reviewed:

DANIEL DEFENSE (O-MEGA) 7" CARB-LENGTH, BLACK by Daniel Defense
5.0 out of 5 stars A quality way to add a free floating rail to your rifle without doing any gunsmith mods to your rifle!, January 21, 2016
I purchased this rail to add accessories to my AR15. I didn't want to start making major modifications to the rifle yet so I opted for this as it doesn't require a lot of gunsmith work to build the rifle up. By adding this free floating concept front rail I can add my Magpul MBUS front sights. My Aimpoint Pro red dot sight, my Magpul RVG front grip and my tactical flashlight to the rifle.

Daniel Defense's concept for this rail is patented and it mounts to the barrel nut using lock down set screws for stability. The rail does not touch the front hand guard mounting ring and it is free floating and stable. It only takes only a few minutes to put it onto your gun and I show how to do it in my attached video. I liked how the extension of the top rail meets up with the rifle's top rail and it made one continuous top rail when I was done. Make sure that you properly align both top rails when you install it. Please watch the video.

The kit came with all of the hardware that I needed and it even included three rail guard ladders that you can add to improve the grip-ability of the hand guard in the areas where you do not mount hardware. The rail is obround for improved gripping to fit the shape of your hand and it is made of high quality aircraft aluminum. It is finished in a high quality type III hard coat anodize. The rail also has two Quick Release holes built into it for using a tactical QR sling.

In my video I point out some things to look for to make sure that you are getting an original Daniel Defense product.

After it was mounted I was pleasantly surprised at how stable the hand guard was. It helps me to quickly do the work and modify the gun like I wanted to. I purchased the hand guard from another web site.

I spent some time in making the video so you can see the rail and how it is installed. I suggest that you shop around and make sure that you get a fair price for the unit. I liked it and I would purchase it again. I rated it at 5 stars. I hope my video is helpful for you.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe