Wednesday, March 2, 2016

JJCEO gave 5 stars to: Gerber StrongArm Fixed Blade Knife, Fine Edge, Coyote [30-001058]

JJCEO reviewed:

Gerber StrongArm Fixed Blade Knife, Fine Edge, Coyote [30-001058] by Gerber
5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, this is a great knife that came extremely sharp with a high quality sheath!, March 2, 2016
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I love to go to the range and outdoors to shoot my guns. I always carry a knife with me and I wanted a new one with a better sheath. This knife has great reviews and the Gerber name and it was the right size that I wanted. I ordered one and I liked it so much that I went back and ordered two more as gifts for my range buddies.

This knife is superb. It is only one of two knives that I purchased that out of the box I could shave the hair off of my arm. The blade was honed like a razor. The blade is ceramic coated but it is actually a stainless steel full tang blade. Full tang blades are the only way to go for a strong and high performance knife. It is also a drop point blade. The pommel of the knife has a hard point with a hole through it. The hard point is enough to shatter a car window or windshield in a rescue situation or to be used, if needed, as a striking point in self defense. I will put a small wrist lanyard on the heel of the knife using military Paracord.

The knife has a good grip with a diamond texture. The handle is shaped to be comfortable and provide a gripping surface that is non slip. Both ends of the grip are flared to protect your hand. The grip is solidly built and rubber coated.

The knife comes with an excellent sheath that allows you to mount the knife in multiple ways. MOLLE mounting, sideways belt mounting and vertical belt mounting are all included. I have shown the accessories in photographs with the review and I hope they are helpful for you. The sheath itself is extremely nice. This makes this knife a great value. The sheath also comes with strong nylon straps for the belt mounting and MOLLE mounting. There is modular horizontal belt mounting hardware supplied and you can also use it for easy MOLLE mounting using the plastic slide locking hardware. The only thing I would have liked would have been to have the sheath come with straps to allow thigh mounti ng while hanging from your belt a little lower.

The sheath allows the knife to snap into the locked mode but also be drawn out easily but it is securely held into place. There is also a nylon strap that you can snap around the knife to hold the knife even more securely.

This knife is a nice product. It is solidly built with 420 hardened stainless steel and black coated with ceramic for rust protection and to reduce visibly of a drawn knife. It is one of the two sharpest knives I own out of about 30 collected over the years. After showing it to friends I wound up buying them one as a gift. I recommend this knife as a good product that is a good value and it comes with the accessories that you need. I rated it at 5 stars.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe